Daily Check-In: Fitness Friday, October 4th

Guys. It's Friday! Friyay! #FitnessFriday, #FoodieFriday #FlexFriday #FurryTrainerFriday or whatever you Fancy Friday, we made it and now stand on the precipice of The Weekend.

*Insert triumphant music here*

The approaching weekend sounds pretty sweet, right? Especially if it's almost Saturday for some of you!

To keep a little bit of an Autumn theme rolling, if our Southern Hempisherians dont mind, the Fall Feature Focus For Friday (How's that for a trail of Fs?) are the berries of a Southern Wax Myrtle. Also known as a Bayberry, the trees/shrubs are flat loaded with tons of berries right now, which is a good thing if you love to make Bayberry candles.

I've only done it once, but basically you boil the berries and scoop off the chunks of wax that float up to the top, and then melt said wax separately in another pot so that it all comes together before you pour the wax into your candle mold, let it cool and voila! More or less, you've got a Bayberry Candle...The reason I've only done this once is because the wax to berry weight ratio is not very good. It's like 1 to 3% of the total berry weight comes off as useable wax. So you can imagine how many of these tiny berries (Think the size of mini chocolate chips) you have to pick just to get a 4 ounce candle! You could add beeswax to the mix so that you could get a bigger candle and still have that Bayberry scent, but I wanted full Bayberry power. I wanted it all from my trees into a sagey green candle. From land to candle is a pretty neat thing to say I did.

Chalk it up to another one of those Florida girl bucket list things, you know?^^

Some people like to light them around Christmas or end of the year to wish good luck for a new year. I can't really compare the smell to anything because it is so unique, natural and kinda earthy if I had to put a name to it? Not dirt earthy, but leafy earthy. Very pleasant, mildly spicy. Bayberry really just has no comparison because it is its own scent.. Totally worth hours of filling a 5 gallon bucket and cleaning wax off a good cooking pot that I may or may not have used in the berry boiling/ wax melting process. 🙊

..Alright, instead of all this talk about how to make burning candles, let's talk about how we are going to burn calories! What is happening with your workouts, Blenders? Short & sweet? Long & heavy? Or a blend of both worlds? What shall it be or has already been done? ..I'm going out with a quiet bang for my Friday and doing this low impact gem: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/easy-pilates-and-cardio-workout-with-relaxing-cool-down-active-recovery-workout

^That sounds about perfect for today. So what does your about perfect for today look like?

And now we shall eat the calories we burned to noursish our bodies so we can keep doing the things we love to do and feel great inside and out! What is the foodie in you going for on this Friday, guys? I think systems are a go for pizza today! Which is great! I'm real happy about this and how much better I'm already feeling, but obviously don't intend to overdue it, lol...Ah, but let's hear it for your food on this Friday!

Whew. Not done yet! Trying to break character limits here with a little bit of a #FitnessFriday! Kim does these like a pro, so bear with me while I give it a shot: A couple weeks ago, FB highlighted one of their videos about answering the question of how much weight you should lift. Well we all know the amount of weight lifted is different for everyone because we are all unique, so for today's question on Fitness Friday; How much do you lift on average? ..You don't have to go down every exercise; just what you feel like covering or sharing. The idea behind this is not to compare against each other other, but like how Kelli and Daneil say how much they lift, it's to get an idea of how we are all different.

Right now, per hand, I can do 16lbs for things like squats and lunges. The upper body is a little more varied with like 6lbs for lateral/venteral raises, and tricep kickbacks, 10lbs for bicep curls and chest flys, 12lbs for overhead presses and pullovers, and I do 16lbs for chest presses.

So, yeah, this is some of what I lift, and it isn't fixed and always subject to change based on the day, but on average what I've been doing or know I can lift.

Okay, now I better really get out of here before I get kicked out.🙈 ..Again, thanks for reading, and it's totally cool if you just pop in here and say hi or whatever you want within the disscussion policy of course! ..This check-in is your check-in.

Alright with all that said; have a wonderful or as wonderful as you can make it day, FB Fam!