M

Promotion - FB mindset

Really don't know how to start, how to share my whole experience with K and D and the FB mindset that helped me get a recent promotion.

It's been 2 and a half years since I consistently workout with Fitness Blender. I think I've taken every single word they teach by heart and not only applied it in working out, but life in general. Simple words like, "Just show up," "breathe through it and keep goin,'" "do not compare yourself to others," "you don't have to work hard, work smart(or you can do both)."

Aside from K and D, being my workout buddies, I consider them my life coach. At work when I struggle, I take a break, breathe through it, go back and show up again. It was hard the first time, like the time when I don't even want to lift weights, which is just like getting additional task at work. Uncomfortable (then you hear Kelli say, "get comfortable with the discomfort"), weird at times (I just don't want to be seen or heard at work sometimes or be tagged as too ambitious or go-getter), but then again, why should I stop there when I can do more? When really, I can indeed work hard and smart.

So I had a few setbacks, I was not able to get the secondment last June but the post opened again last September and officially got it. When I think back how I did it, I knew I have to thank FB and the whole positivity I got from this community. Surprisingly, when I put together every little aspect of what I've learned and apply it wherever possible, it will resonate on its own.

So there! Thanks again K and D. I wouldn't have made it if I didn't keep reminding myself that consistency is the key, that I need to show up if I want to see the results. And thank you all, FB family. I love reading each post, even the advise for those who were asking for help. Let's keep this goin'!