Daily Check-In: Tuesday, October 1st

Hey guys, and a very hoppy (Oh, yes, I totally just did that) Tuesday and first day of October to you! Gosh, time is flying, right? Well, debating how long a month really is aside, let's jump like these froggos and get right to the check-in!

It's a #TwoForTuesday kinda Tuesday-ish (depending on where you are in the world) day, so that means you get two frogs for the price of one check-in photo! Top guy is a bull frog, while bottom guy is a green tree frog. They are both pretty common here in FL. Unfortunately, the picture really distorts their size, but so that you are better informed, the bullfrog is like the size of a clenched fist, while the Green Tree frog is like half the size of your palm; Assuming you have a regular sized palms and fists, whatever that might look like which could be different for everyone so maybe not the best comparsion, but close enough. Ehhh, moving on!

So, how are those workouts looking today? Will you be channeling your inner frog and do some hopping and jumping? Or maybe having a good ol fashion fun rest day? Whatever you are tackling, remember to always listen to your body and let it help guide you. Modify where you need to so that it works for you...

In the interest of full disclosure, I did not do a workout yesterday. I woke up feeling pretty bad; headache, nasuea, fever. Just all around not very good. My right calf was pretty tight, and I had a general ache all over.. Despite feeling like crap, I really still wanted to do a workout. I rested all weekend and had it all planned. I even put workout clothes to still try and convince my body. I made it all the way to pressing play and couldn't even do the warm up.

And even with that warning, at this point I knew I could still push it. Body totally disagrees and I'm a very stubborn person. Not a good combination there. Sure, I could muddle through to a workout complete, but then I thought of you guys and what FB preaches and even what I just told you in an earlier paragraph. I needed to do a little practicing of the preaching.

Ultimately I begrudgenly listened to my body. I did not work out and in hindsight, I was being silly. Right now my body is thanking me. ..I feel a little bit like a hypocrite for almost going through a workout that I knew I shouldn't do given how I was feeling and what I always tell you guys. But hopefully the takeaway is that in the end, I did listen. Really, thanks to you, Fb Fam, reading about how you've had to take it easy. At times, it really is hard to just really listen to your body!

And that's some Raw Raven Rambles for you right there^^

As for why I felt so bad, I think I got some type of food poisoning. So I've already decided to take it easy this week with workouts. Stretches feel very good to me right now, so it seems like a great time to do the 3 day flexibility challenge.

..Okay, sorry for that very long talk about me. But moving on, because there's no right way to do food other than to leap (seriously?) right in. What's on the plate today, FB Fam? I'm not feeling up to anything other than some crackers, soup and fruit and definitely making sure to stay hydrated!

..Okay, whatever is hoppening (Really, Raven? Really??) today, I hope it is productive and going great for you. And if it's not, take a breath and a step back. Tommorow is always a fresh start.. Plus it really also helps to vent a little here. You'd be surprised how you can feel a little better by getting those frustrations out. And with a community like this to lend an ear, it's even better! Just throwing that out there if you are having a tough day.

Okay, let's have (or resume) and at least try to have the best Tuesday we can! :D