A
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

New Mom Postpartum Exercise- Advice Please!

I just had my six week postpartum appointment and was cleared to workout from my doctor. That being said, I’m dying to get active and lose about 15 pounds of baby weight (gradually over time of course). I eat healthy but I’m breastfeeding my daughter and can’t always find time to eat, and if I do I pretty much wolf down whatever I can super fast. I’m still not getting much sleep in this colicky newborn stage so I’m really lacking motivation to work out. Some days I barely have time to brush my teeth because baby never wants to be put down and needs to be snuggled and fed all the time.

This question is for moms. How and when did you know you could start working out without totally failing? If I tried now I would be too tired, have a screaming baby to deal with, and my recovery from birth/postpartum bleeding may be aggravated. When did you find was a reasonable time to start working out again? What did you do to ensure success and consistency? I’m going to give myself a little more time but would like some advice from those of you who have been there. Thank you!