Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

So thankful for a more healthy body...

I just wanted to thank you, Fitness Blender team, for helping me to become more healthy, and for helping me to be able to reach my fitness goals.

I am a mother of seven kiddos, ages 14-4. 2 of them were C-sections, with difficult recoveries. Two years after my youngest was born, my husband, my oldest son (age 12 at the time), and I hiked Mount Timpanogos in Utah. It is a strenuous hike, 15.9 miles round trip, with an elevation gain of 5500 feet. I was so excited to be healthy enough to do this hike, but it seriously did me in! The hike up killed my quads. The hike down killed my knees. I was sore for over a week afterward! And that's when reality set in.

I was still at least 15 pounds overweight (those seven babies!). I was walking often, but it wasn't quite enough. I wasn't really as fit as I thought I was.

And now that my kids were beginning to reach ages where we could really do some fun adventuring, I realized I needed to do more if I wanted to be able to adventure with them. I started off with walking everyday. Then I tried Bikini Body Mommy. Then my friend introduced me to Fitness Blender.

I have been doing Fitness Blender for a year now, and I am so happy with how much better I feel, and how much stronger I am. Last year I made a goal to be able to hike Mount Timpanogos again, and have a much better outcome. I'm so happy to say that this summer we did! It was still a strenuous hike, but my legs are much stronger and they handled it SO much better. And, I didn't cry the whole way down in pain! Other than blisters (I definitely wore the wrong shoes!), my recovery was so much easier.

Then, just two weeks later, we took our two oldest to backpack through Coyote Gulch in southern Utah. It was a 13 mile trip, and I felt strong through the entire hike. My heart, my legs, my arms all felt great!

It feels so good to be healthy enough and strong enough to be adventuring with my family! I am so grateful for your workout programs and your fitness advice. I look forward to continuing on my fitness journey, and to the many adventures to come. Thank you!!