Roasted pumpkin/ improvised dinner

I can't remember the last time I've done a recipe from scratch 😂😂 I am so used to improvise and use the leftovers, that I never consider my fridge is empty, unless, it's literally empty 😂 Just like today!

I only had a red cabbage, a small pumpkin, some halloumi cheese and some canned tuna. Sounds like "nothing to eat!! ", according to my bf.

But, as time as the pantry is filledfilled with spices, there's always something to eat!

In a tray, I've thrown the pumpkin pieces (I always peel the skin post- roasting because It's way easier) and 5-6 garlic cloves (with skin on it, again, falls off super easy after roasting), sprinkled some salt, pepper and olive oil and left it in the oven for 40 min at 180 celsius degrees.

When done, I peeled the skin with a knife and mashed it briefly, like potatoes ( I like to feel pieces here and there, instead of a smooth puree), with the roasted garlic.

Chopped the red cabbage, mixed with salt, oilive oil, balsamic vinegar and a bit of water.

Added a canned tuna in brine ( without the brine, lol), sprinkled some oliver oil, lemon juice and salt, otherwise the taste is teribile.

Grilled 3 thin slices of halloumi.

All can I say is: I don't believe how tasty it got! The combination between sweetness of pumpkin and garlic + The salty- sour taste from cabbage salad, tuna and halloumi, matched perfectly!

I deffinately reccomend this! I highly encourage improvising and using what you have, to create a healthy meal, even if it doesn't look like a happy combo at first. That way we prevent food waste and bad food choices!