Weekend Check-in: Saturday, September 21st & Sunday, September 22nd

What's up everybody? How does/ is the weekend looking and treating you so far on your side of the world? ..I know we've been meeting like this on and off for some time now, but now you've officially got the weekends with me! That's right; your friendly neighborhood Raven is your official weekend check-in host! And if I'm not your cup of tea, don't fret! Kim and all her awesomeness has got you right back here on Monday.

But for now, let's jump right into this weekend check-in with a good ol' fashion weird sky phenomenon. (Who here remembers sun dogs?^^) ..What we are looking at this weekend is an iridescent pileus cloud.

...A what what now?

Hah, okay, the name really doesn't do the picture justice or explain anything. Let's go by its informal and much cooler name, Fire Rainbow.. Better, yes? And to (mostly) spare you a big science lesson, basically to make a fire rainbow a lot of things have to come together. Things like sunlight bending around very tiny water droplets high up in the atmosphere, the right kind of clouds near the sun, and a dash of heat and humidity down here. Those are just some of the makings to this misty pastel colored sky show... I was recently outside on one of those late summer days with those perfect conditions when I happened to look up and be totally wowed by this sight. I had never seen one before then. Turns out they are pretty rare so I was more than thrilled to see it, and on top of that, take a photo to somewhat show off its beauty.

So who needs clouds with silver linings when you got ones with rainbow linings, yeah?

Alright, now with fire rainbows dancing in your head, let's move on to what your weekend looks like workout wise. Resting or sweating it up? Maybe you joined in with a small group of us and did that insane 1000 calorie workout party yesterday?

How's the sore factor on that one, guys? My poor arms! And legs! And just...everywhere! Yep, that's 1000 calorie workout soreness feelings right there. So yeah, I'm totally resting up where I can this weekend.. And if you got a 1000 calories to burn today, it's never too late to join the party! Good luck, and remember to breathe, take breaks, and drink plenty of water. You know the drill...Oh and have fun! In some sort of twisted way it is fun, right? Right??

Ah, but whether we crushed a 1000 calories or the couch cushions, or some meaure of crushing in between, we need to refuel! That's right! It's time to talk about food! What are you eating this weekend? What great food are you excited about? New recipes? Old favorites? Maybe something comforting, nutritious, or both! Always a win win if it tastes good and is good for you..

Hm, all this talk about food makes me hungry, but I don't have any clear plans. The freezer will have to suggest something, or maybe I can get a better idea after some grocery shopping. But that's enough about my planless dinners, let's hear all about your food!

Well, guys, I've got another busy Saturday in front of me, so given my soreness situation, I only hope that I can walk properly in public! 😂 ..I also have to fit some mowing in there, but it will be more like active recovery and look like someone put me in slow motion. Not the cool bay watch kind; just me being slow with a mower acting more like a prop to hold me up.

But whatever path your weekend adventures hold, I hope you really enjoy it! Find the time for yourself to relax. Take it easy. You deserve it! ..Like how we workout, remember to breathe and make the weekend work for you!

Thanks for reading! Now it's time to go do or resume your weekend game!