A snack & a dinner. Yummmmm!

Hi guys! I’ve been loving my time in the kitchen lately and I have a couple recipes I’d love to share. One is for a snack, it’s a recipe my friend shared with me and I can’t stop telling people about it because it tastes so damn good, it’s super filling, and it’s made of all the good things!

Superfood Snack Balls:

3/4 cup dates

3/4 cup nuts of choice

3/4 cup chewy dried fruit of choice (I go for cranberries)

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

2 tbs Goji berries

2 tbs chia seeds

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp cinnamon

Throw the nuts and dates in a food processor until they’re broken down and well incorporated, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is mixed and minced. It should be kinda sticky, but if not add water 2tbs at a time. Then roll into 1tbs balls and let set in the fridge for 40 mins or so. They keep really well until the fridge and travel well!!

Next, dinner tonight was great! Mexican inspired stuffed chicken:

Preheat to 350.

Grab a couple chicken breasts and slice them open lengthwise.

Sautée 1/2 a red onion until translucent, add garlic, cook until fragrant, add chopped bell pepper, I can drained rinsed black beans, one can drained rinsed corn. Add in some taco seasoning, or paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onions power, S&P. Stir and cook until starting to soften

Take off the heat and add in some shredded cheese if you like, then go ahead and stuff those chicken breasts with the mixture (this part is messy, but fun!), then bake for about 25 minutes.

Sooooo delicious!!! I served with rice & made enough for lunch leftovers tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!