Another one ✅ ..... did the 3.3k seaswim today!!

Early morning start to get the swim registration done, then queueing for the ferry to go across to Brownsea Island (UK), long wait before the start.... but the conditions were perfect: bright blue skies, not a lot of waves and superb organisation of the whole event! Waiting didn’t seem that long after all, as we got chatting with lots of like minded people, all in anticipation of the start. We, i.e. the group of half round the island swimmers were taken in a small boat to the starting point of our swim, there we got in the water, had to hold on to a rope before our starting signal was given. It was a beautiful swim.... my friend and I stopped a couple of times to look around and take it all in. The very last bit, when we rounded the final corner was a bit harder going: ships’ bow waves and tide against us. At that point the seabed didn’t seem to move at all as I was looking down at it! But it must have done, because I suddenly found myself crossing the finish line....YAY! It took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes (official times not released yet). It was super fun to do, very exhilarating to finish.... but now my friend wants me to do the whole Island swim with her next year (6.5k... don’t think so!)

Photo top left: the island with the bit we swam, top right: big beaming smiles after we had finished; bottom left: in the queue for the ferry, middle: just before entering the water at the start, bottom right: the beautiful castle in the background! What an amazing event to be part of, I definitely feel privileged!!!

#outdoorswimmingisthebest

#lovewhereilive

#Enikwoonhier