Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Reminder for me

This is for when I forget why I am working out in the first. A short reminder from when I am lucid and focused to spur me on in my moments of doubt and sadness.

It is very easy and tempting to aim for vanity and public approval but I do know that is not my goal. My entire reasoning is to not be so weak anymore. To not run and be out of breathe after one minute. To not struggle to walk up stairs.

I love to move. I love dancing, I love swimming. I love running. It would be really great to do those things without getting tired after a very short amount of time.

I also want to avoid the healthcare black hole that the rest of my family ended up in. Having come from a family with a history of heart disease, it is a very convincing reason to aim for a healthier lifestyle.

I know I have the potential to be great and I know I can achieve what I set out to do. There will be days when it is harder than others and there will be days when I just want to give up. In those days, I hope I can find this and remember why I started in the first place.