S

I'm back!!

Hi y'all,

It's been a few months since I've posted on the community forums. Back in April, I was hit with persistent/recurring calf pain and tightness (as some of you might remember). I was a week away from finishing FB Fit, but had to stop before I completed it. I took a few weeks off completely to try to let my calves heal on their own, but aside from that I never quit working out with FB entirely. I took FB advice to do what I could and took my calf injury as a chance to focus on upper body strength training and core workouts. (I'm happy to say I've made some gains with my upper body strength training.) I slowly added back some lower body strength training--lunges are still hard, but squats and deadlifts are generally okay. I'm still not totally healed yet, but I'm doing a lot better than I was earlier this summer. I'm currently in physical therapy trying to get my calves back to normal, and it will probably be a few weeks yet until I can try to add some higher impact stuff back in, slowly of course, and with the help of my PT. But my PT is hopeful that I will get there and I will be able to do my beloved HIIT workouts again.

I really miss being active on the forums. I just needed to take a break from them because I was struggling with comparing what I was able to do with what others were able to do, which of course is not what one should do! I'm in a more hopeful place now, though. I will do jump squats and burpees again! (Who ever thought I'd miss that torture?! ;-))

Happy weekend, blenders!