Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Navigating pain flares & setbacks

Hello lovely people,

I have been doing so well lately! I am going to get through this. I’m still quiet about what’s actually going on with me, but it’s because I’m trying to navigate my way out of some tricky chronic pain, and I need to be careful how I talk about it, for now. It’s a slow and challenging process- I feel like life/the universe saw me and thought; “yeah this one needs a lesson in patience”, or something haha 😜

So I just had almost 3 weeks in a row where my pain didn’t go above a 5/10. Having more & more good days. Makes me so grateful I nearly bawl just thinking about it. This is a vast improvement & the best I’ve done in the last 25 months of this journey, if that’s what you want to call it.

This morning I had a flare of pain and symptoms. It usually takes me 2-5 days to ease the pain back down after I have a flare. Wow this is so depressing, all typed out in front of me 😅 but this has been my reality for over two years now. It is what it is. Even though it bites, I know that I will grow from it.

Here’s what I’m going to do; I’m not going to panic. I gave myself a minute to be angry, to feel sad, and then I tried to soften my mindset; those negative feelings will do nothing for my healing. I’m going to think positively and be grateful for all of the giant strides forward I’ve ultimately made, especially recently, and how much closer I am to having my normal life back. I’m going to eat to nourish, and move in smart, gentle ways that feel good. I’m going to be grateful for my loved ones, family & friends, and even our Community here - all of the love & support I’ve had behind me breaks and mends my heart in one swoop. I’m going to focus on the big picture, the long goal. And I’m going to continue to get stronger and stronger. And I’m going to fully enjoy a happy healthy life that I am immeasurably grateful for.

I’m okay. I’ve definitely been in way lower places in the last couple years so there’s 0 reason for concern for me over here. I did want to come by though, and share my experience; I see people sometimes get really worried because they have to miss some workouts due to illness, injury, etc. I just want to put the message out there; whatever you might be struggling with, don’t panic. Stay calm and build a plan of attack that makes you feel confident, comfortable and optimistic. Don’t be afraid to make adjustments as you go. Stay positive, and keep your focus on the direction you want to go, not the place or situation you feel stuck in. Don’t allow any room for negativity (your body is always listening, and a lot of times, it will blindly believe the narrative you’re holding in mind, so be mindful!).

I am going to get right back on track and I’m going to feel well enough to film next week (it’s finally time!). It’s going to happen, because I say so & I believe it! I’m really excited to film, & I’ll get to “talk” to you guys through some really great workouts - it’s going to feel amazing. I’ll be listening to my body, all the way through 🙂

This is a totally candid brain dump so thanks for listening to my ramble. I hope you all have a good day & weekend and that maybe a word or two above will be of help to someone going through a rough patch 💙 just don’t ever give up on yourself.