At a low point.. -UPDATE-

This might be more of a rant rather that a question in particular. I recently injured what I'm pretty sure (cant afford a doctor currently before anybody recommends that, I have to rely on rest and taking it easy) is my hip flexor muscle , based on where it hurts and what triggers it. So basically, I've had to give up on HIIT and lower body strength for a few weeks now.. Thing is, it's frustrating. Its driving me insane that I cant workout at all besides upper body, abs and stretching. I miss feeling my lower body burn from the lunges, the squats and the sweaty HIIT workouts.. and just when I thought I was okay enough to attempt an upper body + kickboxing workout, the stabbing pain came back and my hip went back to square one, feeling weak and pulled like I'm 80 years old rather than 26. And of course, being in this circle of frustration and worry, it's taking a toll on my mentality concerning food, particularly being terrified that with the lack of cardio and strength training, I will gain weight. I've never been stuck like this before, or experienced any setbacks, and to be honest I'm lost and scared that I won't come back from it.

-UPDATE- so this week was my first week trying out HIIT and lower body strength after almost two long months of taking it easy, staying away from even the simplest of lower body exercises, lots of frustration and struggle, and I'm happy to say I've finally done it! I'm of course nowhere near at the level of strength I was at before this, and I'm using little to no weights for lunges and sometimes squats, but it feels so good to slowly get back on my feet! I never thought I'd say this, but I missed feeling thoroughly sore in my legs from HIIT and strength training! You've all been so kind in your replies, it reminded me that even if it feels permanent, as long as I take good care of myself and listen to what my body tells me, it won't last forever.

Edited