Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Back on track

This week, my focus is getting back on track! Last week, I did a fair job of sticking with my scheduled workouts, but between a hurricane evacuation and my first weekend back at grad school, I definitely fell off my motivation a bit. I had planned to do a gentle stretching exercise yesterday with some core and low back thrown in, but instead napped and did homework.

While logically, I know that I needed the break yesterday and taking a couple days off isn’t the worst thing in the world, I feel a little guilty. This is part of the reason I switched from the gym to FB in the first place. If I had taken 4 days off from the gym, I would try to make it up with some crazy 2 hour workouts a couple days in a row that would just deplete me more. As it is, I’m having trouble not wanting to double up on workouts from FB just so I feel “caught up”.

My goal for this week is to complete one of the free 5 day programs, with a couple of targeted, short duration workouts added on.

I’m being realistic and trying to really dial in nutrition. I didn’t eat terribly the past week, but I can definitely tell I ate out more than usual and differently than I am used to. My main goal of writing this was to get some thoughts/feelings out and if I put something in writing, I’m more likely to stick to it!