Me vs Gym 3:1

You've no doubt heard of Crossfit. So did I. But today was my first encounter with it. In my opinion, CF is challenging enough (kudos to KarenB), but to do it in Polygon style is plainly crazy! πŸ€ͺFull disclosure needed: it was not a real CF class, it was Polygon made up by those bullies.

Since the other day I left right after β€žpushing jerkβ€œ, I wasn't really sure what a CF might entail and if I'm ready for that level of workout. The official CF website defines it as a series of varied functional movements performed at high intensity. It involves a variety of movements that incorporates gymnastics, running, weight lifting, rowing and more... πŸ€”

The Polygon was about an hour-long, it's definitely 5/5 but felt like 7/5. After I heard what they planned (they went dirty on us), I was thinking about quitting. But my friend needed me, and I did survive Sparta – I was deemed to be ready!πŸ˜… In order to this, one must simply have some sort of competitive desire. But bullies made sure that I go to my β€žbeast modeβ€œ easily. And my last two night shifts were pretty horrible.πŸ™„ Towels (yes, plural) came in handy more than once.

To repeat, we were in two teams of 5. We each did our own warm-ups, then Gymnastic part of Polygon followed up with some fundamental CF exercises. Oh, the adrenaline, excitement & laughter, of course – it is me after all. πŸ˜‰

For Gymnastic part we did 3 exercises freeze&hold style as long as you can, and then 3 where the number of reps through 1 minute were counted.

For hold, we did Hand Stand, Tall Plank & Superman Hold (same as Back Bow Hold).

For reps/min we did Triceps Push-Ups, Lizards (sliding ones!, not jumping) and Superman Hold Rocks (freeze position, then rock back&forward).

It was rather fun, and teams were almost equal at the time.πŸ™„

The CF part was just β€žOmg!β€œ – 10 exercises, 30 reps each, counting total time from beginning to finish until you've done them all. I know that being ex-gymnast (like 3/5 member of my team) has helped me go through this, but the confidence you get from doing FB is magnificent. 😎

Let's go through exercises, 30 reps each:

1. Box Jumps - jump on&off box with both legs at a time

2. Kettlebell Swings

3. Alternating Walking Lunges

4. Jumping Pull-Ups – jump yourself to perform a pullup on bar

5. Push Jerk – HAHAπŸ˜…

6. Knees to Elbows – you're on a bar pulling your knees to your elbows – CORE KILLER😡

7. Back Extensions – on a machine (bigger range of motion)

8. Wall Balls – trow ball on a wall as higher as you can and then catch it while squatting

9. Double Unders – jumping ropes, but 2x in one jump

10. Burpees Over Box!!! – from burpee jump on&over the box to another burpee, and so on – MEME!😲😫

Oh, I did those Burpees Over Box like a madman!πŸ€ͺ The only one I didn't perform and therefore got penalty time was Double Unders. I tried but only can do 1 per jump, and I actually got my hair intertwined with a rope, so we had a fest getting them untangled. 😲(Not sure if I was crying or laughing at that point.) 🀣

My friend got a penalty for Push Jerk, she wasn't able to get proper form and was laughing at the time. And one member of team twisted ankle on Double Unders so didn't manage through Burpees. All of us ended this under 30 minutes.

On the other side, Bully1 (β€žjerkβ€œ) tripped few times while Walking Lunges and got a penalty on Back Extensions. Bully 2 & Bully 3 dropped out on Burpees, the last two managed the whole thing.

I'm not really sure if I'm writing this or dreaming of it while still lying unconsciously, there on the gym floor. πŸ€ͺ😏

Oh, yeah – WE WON!!! 😁

P.S. Team Bully got us chocolate pancakes afterward, probably to make us bigger&slower for the next time...πŸ˜…

P.P.S. Never ever again...