Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

How to get back into working out safely?

Hi All,

I haven't posted on here in a while, as some of you may know I am recovering from an eating disorder. Update on that is I'm at a healthy weight, follow my meal plan, and I am out of treatment. This is all good as I also started my third of college (at a new school) and re entered work (library at school). I was wondering how do I get back into working out safely? So far I've only walked about once a week with my dad. I feel like I am okay to start working out again (but with some rules of my own like no HIIT until I feel better, body weight to start out with, weight training with slow progress of adding mroe weight, and starting slowly) but my parents feel uneasy about it. They said i should ask my dietitian which I have before and she said its fine to do a workout three time a week,counting one day as walking with my dad and doing something for two other days. Should I just ease in with walking or should I do more like I want to, such as some FB videos, as they ease my stress from school and make me feel good? Anyhting would help!

Also for a Jennipurr update: She's been in the window more because we bought her a little perch/shelf and she lays there, watches birds, and sleeps. But she still begs for food.