Daily Check-in: Wednesday, September 4th

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Blenders!

How we doin today? Are you feeling good? Having a good day/week/September so far? (Still in shock that it's September already! Geez! Where'd the time go?)

I hope life's treatin ya well, and that everything's goin good for ya!

We're already starting to see signs of Autumn around here! Case and point: this Autumn Olive bush is putting out fruit! I think the berries look so awesome--they're like tiny dragon eggs, or stained glass beads. They might be an invasive, but hey, they benefit pollinators, and feed various birds--so, what can ya do? Pros and cons to both. But at least they look cool! haha

And how about your workouts, Blenders? How've they been treating you? Are you feeling good? Challenged? Or maybe you're feeling a bit low energy, and tired? If so, make sure to take a rest day (or several!). Don't burn yourself out when your body is telling you to rest--no good will come of that!

So how about for today? Is it a workout day, or rest day for you?

It's Wednesday--which means it's Core Day for me! Good thing too, caz I am sore from yesterday's kickboxing/lower body combo! So working the abs is just what the doctor ordered! I think Wednesday-Core-Day calls for a good active/static routine: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/23-minute-active-static-abs-workout-abs-burnout-routine That'll do!

And how about some good food goin on today, Blenders? What's sort of scrumptiousness do you have planned out for today?

Guys! I discovered a thing! Steel cut oats cooked in a slow cooker! OH.MY. It's so easy, and so good! I made a massive amount, and keeping extras in the fridge--so we'll have a brinner meal tonight! Oats + fruit + maple syrup + homemade sausage + eggs = YUM. All I did to make the oats, was put 2 cups steel cut oats, 4 cups water, 4 cups almond milk, 1/2 cup maple syrup, good amount of ground cinnamon, some ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a pinch or two of salt in my crock pot. Stir it up, and cook it about 5-6 hours on low. Stir it every once in awhile too to keep it from clumping. So easy, so good! Makes a ton! I'm gonna have to make it more often like this! Anywho, I got really excited about it caz I've never made it before, and worked so well! haha

Alright FB Fam! That's my cue to quit yammering!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

And I hope everyone still in the path of Dorian stays safe! We're thinkin of you all! Take care!

Edited