Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Me vs Gym

So, last time I did FB was about 2 years ago. In the meantime, I was inactive as a couch potato.

But I have a girlfriend of mine, who just loves the gym. From October till April her husband is going with her, but after that, he’s outdoors, so she changes accountable buddy every month. I used to go with her, but for 3 years now I’m declining the offer, ‘cause I was in no shape. I mean, of course, I was in a shape- shape being a potato.😅

She asked again this year to be her gym buddy for September, and I said yes. So, my goal is to survive a month in the gym.

The gym is really not my cup of tea, but before I discovered FB, I was either in the gym or outdoors. I will try to do at least a strength portion of FB in the gym because I’m following Booty1 and Flex at the moment. 💪

She was so excited, to quote her: “This will be so much fun. You’re so hilarious and always attracts something silly to happen, it’s always busy with you.”

Like what, I’m a clown with magnet for silliness? Ok, I can live with that. 😜

Of course, she was right, and on the very first day to boot.😅 In my defense, she said to follow her instructions TO THE LETTER, to minimize embarrassment. 😇

So, now we're in the gym and for warmup, she recommended hopping on a treadmill. Don’t look any further, I decided to HOP(?!) on a treadmill. 😅People gave me weird looks, she was sitting on a floor laughing - so I started jogging instead.🙄

Then we ran, probably slower than a herd of turtles “stampeding” through Nutella. 🤫Just image how slow that was when a guy with his entourage approached us and said that we’re running like we want to be caught - by them. Well, nobody is going to make fun of us.

You know I don’t run at all, so imagine what happened when I ran (for real this time) on the machine that sets up a tempo (or a joker friend!😏). That treadmill flung me off and I landed on a kickbox trainer! 😳 Why couldn't it have been something softer, like a sofa or my butt? 🤪

There will be more of Me vs Gym, so stay tuned.

Edited