Daily Check-in: Friday, August 30th

Hello Blenders! And Happy Finally Friday to you all!

Oh my gosh, we made it! Whoo! I'm so ready for a 3-day weekend, that I can't even tell ya! It seems like this week has dragged on a bit, but at least we're at the end of it now!

Do you guys have any fun weekend plans you're lookin forward to? Or maybe just enjoyin the break?

Hubby and I are gonna take a bit of a quick trip, so just a reminder that you'll be spending your weekend with the lovely Miss Raven! She's got ya covered for all things Florida and FB! She always does a fantastic job with the check-ins--so you guys are in for a treat! (And I'm hoping there's no hurricane for you to deal with over the weekend, Raven!)

As for today's random photo? I thought I'd introduce you all to Beep Toad! Beep Toad lives under the door jamb of our garage, and he only comes out at night. He's one of those toads that will make the Furry Trainers foam at the mouth if they try to pick him up, so they have learned to leave Beep Toad alone (these toads have a toxin on their skin as a protection from predators, not usually a fatal or deadly thing, more of a irritant type toxin). Since the Furry Trainers don't try to pick him up, they still like to greet Beep Toad and give him a good "hello." So they give him a nice "Beep" on the top of his head with their big doggo noses. Thus the name "Beep Toad." It has become a nightly summertime tradition to give Beep Toad a beep on the head right before the doggos go to bed.

You can see by his face that Beep Toad loves it. (😬 I don't think he does. But he sits there like, "whatevs" every time.)

Anywho that's enough about Beep Toad!

Let's talk a bit about workouts!

How about it guys? Is this Friday a sweat sess, or a chillaxin kinda day for you?

Ok, so, I gotta come clean about yesterday. I was feelin much more energetic than expected. So I decided to tag on a good cardio workout in addition to my 5x5x5 lower body workout scheduled. I picked this one: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-body-hiit-for-strong-legs-fitness-blender-hiit-man-workout Let.me.tell.you paired with that 5x5x5 one, my calves are dead. Holy mackerel guys, this workout's no joke! I got served a nice big slice of humble with this combo--especially since there's not a single piece of equipment used. It's all bodyweight, and all burning muscles. Yowza. So, if you're interested in a challenge, give this combo a shot. Fair warning though: gotta love jumping jacks. There's a lot of 'em in the HIIT Man routine.

As for today? It's gonna be a pure upper body strength day for me. I choose this one, because I get to set down during a good part of it haha: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-workout-for-coordination-and-control-isolated-functional-strength-workout

I really do like this one. It's challenging without being overwhelming.

And then for some good food goin on today? What's on the menu for today, Blenders?

Something using fresh tomatoes--that I'm sure of! As to what? Well, I haven't got that far yet! haha

Alright FB Fam, that is it from me!

I hope you all have a lovely day and a lovely weekend! Thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, stay safe, have fun, and try to enjoy yourselves this weekend! I'll catch you all again on Tuesday!

So TTFN! Ta-ta-for-now!

Edited