What a backdrop to our Beachblender....

Having done a lot ( a bit too much, I think) of swimming in recent mornings, we finally managed a Beachblender again today! The backdrop was amazing: the cloudscapes, the sun reflecting on the sea, but also two naval ships in the bay. Bournemouth has four days of the (noisy) air festival and the British Navy usually make an appearance. Not ships my son, who is a submariner, has been on, but somehow it makes me think of him and brings him a bit closer!

Some of the exercises we did: plank hip drops, lateral jumps forward in the soft sand (😅), side lunge plus wall jump, wall handstand with sideways leg drop, bridge plus pullover, squat jacks followed by going down on knees and getting up, also in the soft sand (😅), sprint through soft sand to promenade followed by mountain climbers and loads more. My shoulders are a bit achy from all the swimming I have been doing, so I took it a bit easier than the others and didn’t use any weights. Still a super workout!

We were worried about leaving our stuff on the beach, so we couldn’t go to the play area round the corner. The other day two of our friends came out of the sea after a nice long swim and found all their stuff, towels, shoes, bags, gone! Somebody had put them “out of sight” for them..., luckily he saw them looking, but it has made us a bit more wary of leaving our stuff on the beach. Hence I rewrote some of my plan last night so that we could do all our exercises within sight of our stuff. This made for some interesting new challenges!

#greatstarttotheday

#loveworkingoutwithfriends

#loveouroutdoorfitnessarea

Edited