K

Regaining my strength after illness

I've always been fit and I've been using FB for about two years now. My go to workouts have been FB30, Sweat, Burn and Strong. I love the combination of strength and HIIT, and the variety.

I became very ill at the beginning of the summer and lost a considerable amount of weight and muscle over a short period of time. When I was physically able to get back to workouts (and eating enough calories!) I wasn't sure what to do. My workout programs were too much. I couldn't even lift 5 pounds, never mind HIIT.

I started searching the free videos on FB looking for workouts that were less than 20 minutes and low impact. There were so many to choose from. I decided to start with pilates (not my favourite, but seemed safe). I could barely get through 20 minutes my first few rounds. Slowly, I started feeling stronger, but I still wasn't ready for an FB30. So I bought FB Low Impact.

I'm about to go into week 3 and I can't believe the difference it has made. I feel stronger every day and am back to lifting about 1/2 of what I could before I got sick. I've got two more weeks and I'm hoping I'm ready for something more intense. But if I'm not, I know FB has lots of options for me to feel fit and continue to gain my strength back. I've even grown to love pilates :)

FB is such an amazing resource. No matter your fitness level or where you are at in your life, there is a workout or a plan for you.

Thank you Fitness Blender!