I just needed to tell you I'm proud of myself

I love reading about other people's success and in what way Fitnessblender has helped them get there and I just wanted to share mine because I am really proud of myself and I do attribute some of it to my somewhat regular workouts with FB (esp. these last 2 months).

A couple of friends and me were planning a biking trip - now, I haven't sat on a bike in almost a year and everyone is way fitter than me in that regard. We also have a pretty steep (12%) hill right in front of our door and I managed to actually ride that one up without stopping last September (a big big win for me as well).

So, I was kind of nervous about the whole biking situation as I've never done more than a 3hr trip and again, didn't ride a bike for almost a year.

We started on Friday and got about 140km in - it was exhausting and strenuous and I did shed a tear or two on the way up a hill when everyone was way in front of me but I knew I had to keep my speed in order to actually get to the top. But we did it. 120km the next day as well, went a bit smoother (except for my butt. That one hurt all along). Sunday again around 110km, I was feeling fine, found some strength in my legs I didn't know I had left (it was probably the mindset of this is the last day of riding). Except it wasn't because I actually decided that I would not get on a train with a bike full of stuff but ride the last 130km back home. Solo. I did get lost a couple of times, I did have to stop a million times because I didn't know where the right way was and the last 20km was always up up up - but I did find my way home with a sore butt, weak legs and a mini-breakdown along the way. (Oh I was solo because my other friends were planning to go all the way to Italy - started in Bavaria, Germany - going up the alps and such nonsense. Big no from me but more power to them).

So in total, I spent 4 days on a bike, rode about 500km up and down and all around without any practice. And I think that actually keeping up with my workouts these last two months were a big contributor to my personal success for this trip.

I did it! And I'm so proud and thank you FB for providing me with a chance to get my general fitness on so that I can push my body through this.

I got back on Monday, took yesterday off, will try some Yoga and stretching today and then start back into my workouts hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry for the long read, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks FB-Community and have a wonderful Wednesday (Giveaway coming today, can't wait! :))

Greetings from Germany

Nicole