In need of support after surgery

I had foot surgery over a month ago. It was a pretty extensive surgery so I wasn’t able to walk until last week and only for short spans of time. As you might guess, after not walking for a month my muscles in my right leg have atrophied quite a bit and I’ve probably gained some weight. I’m feeling pretty discouraged. Even though I’m walking now which is huge, it’s very slow and I can’t do very much yet. It’s hard to think of where I used to be at the beginning of the summer compared to now. I was doing FB Fit and walking outside all the time. I was seeing more and more improvement in my ability and life every week. Now it feels like I’m losing all of that because it’s going to take a long time to get back to that. Especially since I’ll have to do the same surgery on the other foot next year. As of right now, I can’t even flex my foot because of loss of muscle and my tendons and bones still healing. So burpees and squat jumps and all these things that I miss will be farther into my future.

I came here today after thinking about reaching out for a while. I’d love to hear from anyone who’s gone through surgery recovery. Have you been able to build your muscle back? How did you manage fitness expectations when you couldn’t move? What are some safe movements you did to get some movement without jeopardizing your healing with no foot movement?

I’d also love to hear some creative ideas and encouragements from anybody. I can’t drive, I’m on disability and can’t work, and my husband is at work a lot, so I’m typically stuck at home alone all day. What are some things you do around your house to engage your brain and your body with little foot movement? Do you have any encouragement for me?

Thanks for listening (reading...) to me. It’s nice just to get some thoughts out and lament with people who can understand the struggle towards healthy living. I’ve never written my own post, but I often times read what people say for encouragement. I figured after a month of struggling it was time to ask for some help from you guys.

P.S. the one encouragement I have for all of you is that my previous workouts definitely made this process easier. Balancing on one foot, jumping up stairs, and even one footed squats to go to the bathroom were all easier because of my hard work before. So when you don’t feel like you’re improving and you aren’t that strong, I promise you are.