Daily Check-in: Monday, August 19th

Hello Blenders! Happy Monday (or Tuesday) to you all!

How're you doing today? Did you have a good weekend?

Sorry I left you guys high and dry with the weekend check-in--lack of internet will do that to you--but thanks as always to Raven for having my back!

So to start off our Monday, here's a photo of a Red-Spotted Purple with a chunk of his wing missing. I thought maybe this guy might have a bit of trouble flying without that bit of wing, but turns out, it didn't slow him down much! I still had to hunt him down and wait for quite awhile to get a picture (he was pretty wily).

This little guy is proof that beauty and ability is not at all decided by a broken wing---rather, those things happen in spite of it. So there's a bit Monday Motivation for ya! From Mr. Red-Spotted Purple himself!

Anywho, how'd your weekend go, Blenders? Was it busy? Or maybe kinda chill?

Mine was busy! I got all kinds of stuff done while Hubby was outta town, (I like to stay super busy when he's gone, caz I hate when he leaves) and it feels great to get some of those things accomplished! Though a lot of it required some upper body work--so feeling those muscles a bit today.

Which brings us to: Monday workouts! What workouts do you have planned today, Blenders? Or perhaps it's a rest day for you?

I'm ready to get back to it after takin 3 days off (I skipped my Friday workout caz I was just too tired), so lets make today a leg day! I'm going to do my favorite lower body workout: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-and-butt-and-thigh-workout-hiit-and-strength and tag on a short core routine as well: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/10-minute-abs-workout-with-kelli-and-daniel-at-home-abs-workout

That sounds like a great day of workouts to me!

And how about some good food goin on today, Blenders? What's on your menu?

So first, I gotta tell you about a pizza I made yesterday. Better yet, I will share a photo and recipe in the comments below⬇️⬇️, because, dang. It's a good, yet different, pizza that I really enjoyed, and I feel like sharing! So if you're interested, check out the comments below!

As for today, I'm experimenting with making cherry pulled pork. Pork loin roast in the crock pot with fresh tart cherries, onion, garlic, little white wine, touch of brown sugar, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, oregano, bit of cumin--let it cook all day, and see how it turns out! Hopefully it'll taste alright! Served a salad and maybe some sweet potato fries, and we got a nice supper!

Alright FB Fam, that's it from me today!

I hope you all have a great day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

And if today gets a bit rough for you, just take a note from Mr. Red-Spotted Purple up there ⬆️⬆️ and don't let a broken wing stop you from being your awesome selves!

Have a wonderful day Blenders!

Edited