Wrist weight question

Hi Blenders,

Lately, I’ve been using wrist weights (basically ankle weights wrapped around my wrists) to adjust the weight of my dumbbells (for example 2kg dumbbell + 0,5kg wrist weight) or just as a replacement of dumbbells. I currently have 0,5 and 1kg (sometimes I put both of them on to have an extra 1,5kg) and was thinking about purchasing a heavier pair (probably 2kg). I like doing it this way because it’s less time consuming than changing the plates on my dumbbell bars. Do you think this is a good idea or have I maybe overlooked some things? Does it work the muscles the same way as dumbbells? Or can it be risky for the wrists? Maybe these are stupid questions, but I just want to make sure I’m not making a bad investment.

I could probably afford Powerblocks but it’s a biiiig amount of money, so I guess I’ll wait at least one more year to see how my strength increases (and if I stay consistent with working out, I’ve only started 7 months ago…). But at the same time, if it’s really the best overall option (to save space and to change weight faster), maybe it’s not worth investing in new equipment (wrist weights and maybe one or two extra pairs of dumbbells) now, just for the sake of speeding up my routines or avoiding being too lazy to switch weights when I know I should.

Bonus question: do you think this type of wrist weight can be used with Powerblocks, does it work with that type of handle? (Just in case I get them at some point…)

Do you have any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks for your help and have a great day! 😊