Step repair cancelled.... 12.5k hike instead!

The step repair task in the local nature reserve got cancelled due to the ranger being sick.... fairly disappointed at first as I had really been looking forward to it.

But we got the walker’s guidebook out and found a hike which sounded like it could be good! Last Sunday we had done a rather disappointing, boring 11k walk ( not much in the way of variation underfoot, climbs or good views). So we set off not knowing what to expect. I am beginning to think I am a bit spoilt and not easily satisfied anymore! In Holland we used to go hiking in the amazing Ardennes region in Belgium and here in the UK I have been enjoying coastal walks and views. Well, this hike was certainly pretty amazing, certainly well worth doing again with friends. The views were superb, even in the inland bit with views both towards flowing hills as well as the sea, the paths were very varied with a few good inclines! Lots of wildlife, at some point we saw some grouse along the path. Loved it. So many nice photos, but I guess this one is my favourite. Taken inside a small, late fourteenth century, chapel, St Catherine’s in Abbotsbury, which used to be a pilgrimage chapel on top of a hill with amazing views all around. As we were walking up the hillside towards the chapel on the top, I really got an impression of what it must have been like for the pilgrims, it really felt like walking in their footsteps! At the end of their long journeys, walking up to that chapel must have felt such an achievement. The chapel is empty inside and quite small, but in such a beautiful spot! The photo shows the view of the hills around. The door with the views to the sea was locked unfortunately. No FB for me!

#lovewhereilive

#beautifulhike

#feelingblessed

Edited