L

'Slow progress' due to desk job

Hello all,

I discovered Fitness Blender in 2017 and since then, I workout almost consistently 5 days a week plus I have better eating habits :) . Of course, there have been some periods where I had to reduce the time for exercising or take a break (including a long pause after breaking my ankle :/) ... anyway I do see/feel progress! No as much as I would have liked but my upper body and core are definitely stronger. My lower body instead doesn't show the same progress. I thought first that this might be due to my limited equipment at home (two pair of dumbbells of 2.5 and 6 kg) and I just forgot about my "sedentary" life: I spent more than 8 hours a day at the office, sited down and working on a computer.

Okay, it is not that literal. I do take breaks and try to move, but still I think this is sabotaging my workout progress. I recently came across with an article posted here (https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/do-you-sit-too-much-sedentary-lifestyle-health-impacts-and-solutions) and reminded that even when I intentionally workout, that's between 30-50 minutes of my day out of more than 8 hours with little activity.

I know the best thing to do in this situation is just keep moving but it is not as simple as it sounds. Anyway, I just wanted to share my frustration with you :)