I honestly hate rest days, and a message for the FB family.

It was a Tuesday night. My entire day was basically taken up due to other people's schedules. It's 4 PM before I can properly eat lunch, and then I know I have to wait for that to digest before I can workout. I know this means I have to go out around 5 and go until 6. I dislike that as it puts me in a time crunch for simple things, like just feeding myself properly.

At 5 PM, I'm out there. In my space. Warming up my shoulders with a series of mobility drills and resistance bands. Then the rest of my body. Walkouts, squats into hip flexion, skaters into squats, step-out punches. Minutes later my arms are burning as I work building jab sequences.

1, 2.

1, 2, 3.

Building upwards. Burpees up into lunges. Hollow outs. Crunches. Various boxing combinations with footwork and speed. Flying knees. 21 minutes later I'm essentially dead, but I don't want to stop, even though I also had to start while I was out of my zone. All because I hate stopping more than I dislike having to workout at what are odd hours for me.

I hate rest days. I don't like not doing something, not testing myself, not pushing towards a new summit. I take them, because I'm not foolish. I know they're just as important as the workouts, but that dislike is what gets me in every workout day. When I'm hurt, which is rare because of how much work I put into avoiding being hurt, I work around it. When I can't do something, I push forwards with strict progressions. I allow nothing to stop me, least of all myself.

I do this because I am a champion. I am an unbreakable force, forged in the flames of an unrelenting and unforgiving life that has thrown more punches than its ever pulled. I have never allowed anything to keep me down on the mat, and I don't intend to start. And, I do it because I just don't like rest days.

Why did I write this? Because I wanted to tell you I hate rest days, and ask if anyone else feels the same. I also wanted to remind everyone here that you're champions. Regardless of where you've come from or what quality of life you've had, you've all had to overcome something. Life knocks us all down. Life helps none of us back up. We do that on our own.

So, maybe the next time you don't feel like you can summon up the motivation or the discipline to do what you need to do - Remember that you're a champion, that you've stood up before, and champions don't stay down for the 10 count. Also it's like, 12:30 AM and I wanted to ramble. =D