Step repair.... an artist’s impression

Today was another day of step repair in one of the local nature reserves. We actually finished the first set of steps (after three separate days working on it). The photo below in the comments shows the steps we have been working on. Next week we are starting on another set. Well, with the hacking at the soil around the old steps, the digging of the holes, the lugging of old steps up to the van and the new steps down, the hammering of the iron rods as well as tamping the gravel and soil down around the steps it was a total body workout again! Today was stormy and not quite as warm, even wet at times, so I didn’t get quite as dusty as a week or so ago. But if my mum had seen my knees today her comment would have been again: “ oh look at those little boy’s legs!!”🤪

The drawing was made by one of the other volunteers who just finished his degree in fine arts. I love how he manages to capture the essence of the task. The lady on her knees....well. And my son immediately recognised the guy with his hands on his hips as “I can see that that’s dad!” Craig, the artist, does some amazing stuff!

#lovebeingactiveintheoutdoors

#greatworkingtogetherwithlikeminds

#craigwilsonart