Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, August 9th

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday to you all!

Whoo it's Friday (or Saturday for some of you)! That's great news! It feels like it's been a long week, so I'm definitely ready for the weekend--and I hope you are too!

Do you have any fun plans you're looking forward to? Or maybe you're just chillin out and enjoyin some good R & R? (OR why not both?)

But first, let's get through today, and then we can fully enjoy some time off!

And today's random pic: just some blue sky and green grass (a few wildflowers/weeds mixed in).

Caz some times, you gotta enjoy the simple things.

Ok, let's talk a bit about some workouts!

Is it a workout day, or rest day for you?

I'll be totally honest and tell you all that I completely bailed on yesterday's workout. I originally planned on doing a kickboxing/core combo, but got through the warm up and first round of core work, and was like, "Nope, not today." I was very tired yesterday, coupled with spending a few hours working in the garden/berry patch--I just didn't have it in me to get that #workoutcomplete. So today, I may reschedule that workout, or I might do something else entirely. We shall see!

And how about some good food goin on today? What's on your menu, Blenders?

I've got some fresh garden veggies, and approximately one handful of cherry tomatoes to use, so it's gonna be something that incorporates those ingredients! (I still have to go grocery shopping, so it'll be another fridge cleanout meal with veggies!)

Alright, FB Fam, I've also got a Fitness Friday question for you!

This is something I've wondered about for awhile, and I'm curious if it's important to you as well.

So we all know rest is a very important part of any fitness regimen, right?

But do you factor in sleep time and quality into that as well?

Getting enough sleep obviously helps in all facets of our lives, but in regards to your fitness, do you notice how it affects that? Do you make it a point to focus on sleep, or is it something you don't think much about? And what kinds of things do you do to increase the quality of your sleep--because it's not just about how long you sleep, but it's also about how good your sleep was too?

I've struggled with sleep this week, so been feeling the effects of that. Everything suffers when I'm tired: my ability to focus, my energy levels, workouts usually become a no-go-- even my food choices are affected when I'm tired.

I know I should start doing things like no screens on after 9 PM to help wind down; I've also gotten away from doing yoga in the evenings right before bed (almost always puts me to sleep) so I should do that again too; and not eating too close to bed time either. Just to name a few.

How about you FB Fam? Do you make it a point to get enough good quality sleep each night? If so, what sorts of things do you to ensure it happens? And how does it affect your overall health, wellness, and fitness?

I think sleep gets underrated in terms of how it affects one's fitness level, so I figured I'd ask you all how you feel about!

And with that, I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Ok, Blenders, that's more than enough from me today!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (or Saturday) and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, and have a great day!

Edited