Early morning swim and Wildlife day

6.45 this morning: empty beach, sun reflected on the water....so so beautiful. As the waves were still fairly strong with a pretty strong current, our early morning swim was just under 1k, which took us about 30 mins. What a great start to the day! Photo: views before our swim and after with a huge sunflower towering above us at the top of the Tropical Gardens!

Then off to take part in a wildlife day: setting up tents, tables and banners first.... And then I was helping kids on a “game” all day: (see photo in comment⬇️). A beautifully painted magnetic banner of the heathland on the right, the ‘things that make us happy on the heath’ as well as the ‘things that make us sad’ on a banner on the left. Kids (all ages!!) were asked to put the things we don’t want to see on the heathland on the banner on the right first, then remove them all back and then put things on the banner that we do want to see. As the wardens as well as the other volunteers thought I was doing a grand job (I just love kids and go into teacher mode right away) I was there for six hours!!!! I had some biscuits for lunch 😱 and nowhere near enough to drink 😱, but what fun it was! Especially when a bunch a two to three year olds came over and created CHAOS!!! There was no way I could do my regular chat about “yes/no” on the Heath.... there were about seven of them that were just happily taking things from the left and showing them to me, putting the pics on the banner on the right, those pics then again being picked off by another toddler showing me and telling me what it was and putting it on the left with others picking more off and putting them back..... it was gorgeous to see them all having such a good time!

At the end of the day the dismantling of everything was a proper total body workout! So bath and stretch and bed for me tonight!

Edited