Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Dealing with compulsive snacking/overeating

Hello FB community!

This is very hard for me, and this is actually my first post here in the community section, even though I've been working out with FB for about 5 years (sometimes inconsistently, but I try my best). The FBfamily is so loving that I know I will feel better after this.

When I was 19 (I'm currently 21) I started suffering from compulsive snacking ED. Basicallly, I snack ALL THE TIME. I'm vegan and I avoid processed foods, so I usuallly go for nuts, almonds, raisins, dark chocolate and other vegan goodies that I couldn't eliminate from my diet. It's not really binging because I don't eat huge amounts of food at once, but I'm constantly eating, even after meals. I didn't realise it at first, because I'm very physically active and I didn't gain much weight, but then came the holidays and it started. I've gained 10 kilos since then.

I've tried lots of things: logging meals and snacks, meal and snack prepping, eating 3 big meals, etc. I've been to 2 psychologists but they say that I'm thinking too much about it and that my weight is just fine. Well, I don't care much about my weight, I care about my habits. I'm also studying a very demanding, 5 year-long bachelors which takes up almost all of my free time so stress makes things even worse.

I wrote this post looking for advice and maybe to find someone who has been through something similar. I want to change; I need it for my physical and mental health.

Thank you for reading! Greetings from Chile