Daily Check-in: Wednesday, July 31st

Hello Blenders! Happy last day of July (and first day of August for some of you already)!

Where has the time gone? Summer is just flying by here in the Northern Hemisphere!

Nevertheless, we still have some summertime left to enjoy, so let's not speed it up any more than we have to, eh?

How're you all doing today, Blenders? How's your week goin so far?

How's your weather treatin you in your corner of the world? Hopefully it's not been too scorching hot (or too cold for our friends in the Southern Hemisphere)!

It's been really quite nice here the past few days. Mostly sunny, a bit of rain here and there, highs in the low 70s and lows in the 40s. That's just about as perfect a weather you can get! Love it!

And today's random photo is of some Queen Anne's Lace! I thought it was kinda cool how the sun was filtering through it, so I snapped a shot. Queen Anne's Lace is also known as Wild Carrot, and the roots are actually edible. I've never tried them myself, but maybe I should. However, it looks quite similar to Poison Hemlock--so not one of those plants you want to be unsure of identification wise. (If you're interested, here's a handy article describing the difference: http://www.ravensroots.com/blog/2015/6/26/poison-hemlock-id )

Anywho, back to today!

How're your workouts going for the week, Blenders? Enjoying them? Feeling challenged? Or maybe needing a break? Remember: rest is just as important as getting those workouts in, so make sure rest days are included in your workout regimen too!

What about for today? Is it a workout day, or rest day for you?

Workout day for me here! I think Wednesday is a great day for ab work! So that's what I'm gonna do! This one here, which is becoming a fast favorite: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/30-minute-core-strength-fitness-blender-advanced-core-workout I used to not like abdominal workouts at all, so I've avoided them until recently. But the more I do them, the more I enjoy them, actually. I feel like they've helped me get stronger overall. Lately, I've been able to consistently do deadlifts with 40 lbs per hand without feeling like my form was off. I couldn't do that for the longest time, and was sort of "stuck" at 35 lbs per hand for a few years now. So I think regularly incorporating more core routines has helped tremendously in many aspects, but it's mostly visible with my deadlifts.

So that's my daily long-winded spiel about how you shouldn't neglect your core during your workout routines! haha

And how about some good food goin on today? What's on your menu Blenders?

Well, I'm not sure yet. After yesterday's delicious French dip sandwiches, that's about all I can still think about! It's fine to have them two days in a row, right? Add in a green salad, and we're good to go!

Alright, FB Fam! That's the end of my rambling for today!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, and have fun with those workouts (or rest) today!

Edited