A

Ramble about fitness industry

Hello. This is in miscellaneous because I don't think it fits elsewhere, and it's kind of just getting something off my chest. I get frustrated each time I start a new search on Anything related to fitness, exercise and healthy eating..

Most information on the internet (and youtube) about fitness is either:

1) people that focus on aesthetics, growing buts (for the girls)/being big (for the guys) and how to stay slim with huge amounts of exercising and a probably calorie deficient diet

2) people that, after following the philosophy on 1 feel revolted on how shallow and unhealthy (physically and mentally) it is, and want to change things.

3) People with sports competition goals, where everything is much strict, which is unnecessary for a common person, and where some ideas don't seem That healthy

Now, obviously, point 2 is great, specially for people that are still following the philosophy in 1. But not everyone thinks like 1. There are a lot of people, from around the world, maybe from places where body image and following celebrities is not that big of a deal, or simply from people that were able to never fall for those kinds of ideas. And for those people, hearing a lot of 2 is also frustrating, it's like hearing over and over how someone discovered the wheel, again, and a painfull reminder on how sad social media is. I understand that it is needed, but it's tiring.

The other thing is related to unhealthy weight. There is soo much debate about being overweight, and underweight (and rightly so), that there is not that much information for people that have other problems. I feel that there could be more information about the dangers of not exercising, not eating enough or eating too much, besides those related to being overweight and underweight, meaning, consequences that also affect people with a body fat % inside the healthy range. As someone that doesn't have a weight problem, I tend to feel that it's ok not to work out or eat healthy. I know I need it, but having present in my mind the dangers of not doing that would be an incentive for me to make the changes that I need.

From the fitness channels/websites I follow (few, because it's hard to find common sence in this area), Fitness Blender is the one I trust the most, being focused on average people that want to get fit (not look a certain way...), and explaining basic concepts that we can apply to our daily fitness routines, not a list of details and rules that one doesn't know if it's based on science or bro science, or if it's only relevant for competition athletes.

So, thank you Fitness Blender for the information shared!

To any one who read this, thank you as well and feel free to write your ramble on the topic, I'll make sure to read it too.

Now lets get that Workout Complete ^^

Edited