Skipping the extra credits...

Today I've been feeling tired in my body and my stomach's bloated from yesterday. I just wasn't into doing any workout, but I still struggled through the low impact recovery cardio that was scheduled for today. With a few extra breaks, but I did finished it.

What I didn't do, though, was the extra credit for today. It was "just" a ten minute abs workout, but I thought I'd pushed myself enough. Plus I'm going into the city soon to meet up with my grandmother that will be here over the day. We're going to the movies (Lion King, yay!) and having dinner. So... for the first time in this program, that I'm almost finished with, I'm skipping the extra credit... and I've decided not to feel bad about that in spite of always having done them before. I feel good about listening to my body today. :)

I have a tendency to be pretty hard on myself and have high demands, but that's something I'm working on. And skipping that extra credit today, when I had a reason to do so, was somehow a step in the right direction. You don't have to be "perfect" all the time. We're okay just the way we are.

How do you guys feel about skipping the extra credits? Especially if you usually do them otherwise?