Pretty chuffed AKA proud of myself!

Today I went swimming with a friend that I had not seen since the last week of June. We went swimming together then and she was quite a bit faster than me.... she also swims a lot in a lake near where she lives. Today we had pretty choppy conditions, but I managed to keep up with her. I had just decided not to say anything or ask her about my speed, when she said: “you have got a lot faster, haven’t you?” My reaction: YESSSS! I am so totally pleased with that spontaneous comment of hers!!! I have been swimming a lot (virtually every day for the last three weeks) and doing swim drills to improve my speed. So, I guess they have worked! We didn’t manage all that far today, 1.2k, but it was very, very choppy! I probably swallowed half the sea again! When I mentioned that I might not be able to do that 3.2k in September if the conditions are like today, my friend said: “you’d better, we paid £75 to do it! We are not pulling out!” Well, that’s one way of looking at it 😜!

I also went litterpicking today in the area where we had that fire a few weeks ago. There have been three more fires since then (lit by kids who thought it was fun to see it 🤬)! Photo shows that nature is super strong: there was already some regrowth to be seen in the area where the first fire was! So happy with that photo!

#goodweekenditwasagain

#prettychuffedwithmyprogress