When you go to the sea to “wash” the dirt off....step repair!

I have just had a swim in the sea.... and the only reason why was: to wash the dirt off my body! I didn’t want to get my shower at home all dirty with all the black sand that covered our bodies!!!

Our nature conservation task today entailed step repair in a local nature reserve.... well, with the dry hot weather we have been having, digging steps out of black soil makes for a very dusty, dirty day! But what a super task: great team work, everybody working together. We chipped away at the soil surrounding the old steps, dug deeper holes and removed the soil to get the sturdier new steps in, hammered them in, spread gravel around the steps and tamped down the gravel and soil with tampers, our hands and feet. I lost count of the buckets of gravel I filled and carried down the steps (thinking each time: farmer’s walk, core engaged!). Sitting on my knees to fill holes with gravel and soil and tamping it down made for incredibly dirty knees... but the dust had also got in through my socks and gloves and tshirt and bra. There was not much that was clean at the end of the day. Hence a quick dip in the sea: to cool down as well as a chance to wash the worst of the dirt off🤭😜

Five hours of this made for a great #workoutcomplete! Bath and stretch after dinner!!!

#lovegettingdirtylikethat

#lovewhereilive

#Enikwoonhier

Edited