No Added Sugar Challenge

Hello!

My 90 day no added sugar challenge came to an end and first of all, I would like to apologize for not writing regular check-ins. I'm really, really sorry. I'm not comfortable with this from of communication so I've been seriously procastinating.

Otherwise the challenge was a huge success for me and I'm really grateful for your initial support. Although I couldn't avoid added sugar all the time as I planned, I could make it at least 95-98% of the time and I got into a habit of avoiding added sugar and other sweeteners. When I had something containing added sugar, it was because of the following reasons:

1. It would have been very-very rude to refuse the meal I was offered.

2. I caught a cold once, so I cured my sore throat with honey, as it works better for me than anything else.

3. I participated in a nomadic-style canoe trip, where we didn't have many food options but we needed the energy.

Probably the only time when I had something sugary I shouldn't have had was when I drank my grandmother's elderflower drink. I should have refused that because it wasn't necessary to accept it.

All in all, I'm very happy that I started this and I would like to continue this as a lifestyle, as it helped me to control my emotional eating more and I would like to learn to avoid added sugar even in these problematic situations.

How about the others who started this challenge? What kind of experiences did you have? Again, I'm really sorry for not checking in regularly.

Flóra

Edited