Bed Rest is (Mostly) No Fun

Okay, quick update from #AndrewComplete (he of the embarrassingly injured knee).

I got in to see my doctor today. As they were checking me in, the physician's assistant asked me how I injured my knee.

I hesitated (really not liking my actual story), but then blurted out, "skydiving...I was skydiving."

She looked at me, just checking to see if I was serious, I guess, and I said, "well, either that or I was bending/twisting to reach a remote control on the bed."

She laughed...and continued to write.

I waited a few seconds, then said, "but, seriously, it would be a lot better for my self esteem if you write 'skydiving' down there...and, also, the doctor would think like she's helping more."

She looked up like she thought I was serious...but then just smiled and shook her head.

Anyway, no definitive news on the knee...but we've started the "insurance dance" of going through the motions to get to what I might actually need (and MRI and an orthopedist). For now, it's just more bed rest (BOOOOORRRRING), high-potency anti-inflammatory meds, and light ROM stretching.

But...the silver lining is that I'm still getting my meals in bed, thanks to #chefinthemaking. Speaking of (since I'm bored and laying in bed with a lot of free time on my hands)...

Last night #chefinthemaking was lamenting the lack of ingredients to work with for dinner.

She walked into the bedroom and sighed, “we don’t have any protein.”

Knowing that we pretty much always have tofu, I shot back, “what about tofu?”

“Oh, yeah, you’re right, we have tofu,” she said, nodding her head up and down (obviously with something in mind already).

“What are you gonna make? What are we gonna have? Ohhh, what are you thinking?”

“Just calm down, there, husband...it’ll be something you like. Don’t worry.”

Well, she disappeared into the kitchen for a while...and indeed came back with something I like - spicy Thai yellow curry...with fried (perfectly fried) tofu as the protein...over long-grain wild rice.

Yummers!

I mean if I'm gonna be lounging around in bed all day, I might as well eat fantastically, right?

Right.