"New" start

Hey everyone.

I've been with FB for about 5 years (one of the best discoveries I ever made!). Over the last 3 years I've had many (!!) somewhat minor health issues that eventually led me to a burnout last December. Very long story.

My only option was to get as much rest as I could, no workouts at all (that was soooo difficult to accept...working out is my natural anti-depressant and it was now out of the question). Through loneliness, fatigue, tears, the whole ugly mess, I did my best to eat as healthily as I could and took the necessary supplements to heal my way back. One step at a time through all Winter and Spring. I've lost muscle strength, but not muscle tone (go figure). I'd walk past my "basement gym" and sigh, thinking "Will I have to sell this stuff one day soon?" It was a long hard road.

I read community posts ever day (can't stay away!), but eventually began to "dislike" the FB website cos I felt couldn't take an active part in any of it (I know, I know)….

Little by little I was healing though. I was growing more confident that "this too shall pass".

Anyway as of 2 weeks ago, my Synthroid dosage (one of the issues) was finally where it needed to be and my energy level just shot right back to what it was. Bam!

Last week I started power walking every day for 25 minutes, and doing the Flex Program. I'm adding independent Lower Body w/o on alternate days. I'm tracking my calories in and out as well.

All this to say that no matter how difficult my situation, by God's grace I made it through.

I'll be posting only once a week (but reading every day), and I'll include a motivational quote to keep us all going. Like this one:

"No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying."