Looking for Journaling Ideas and Tips

Hi, friends. Now that we are officially halfway done with the year (seriously, it's already July 1 tomorrow??) and I'm 22 pounds down since the New Year, I'm looking for new ways to help keep myself accountable for staying on top of my healthy eating and overall fitness. Has anyone tried daily journaling? I don't mean just tracking what you eat and what exercises you do. I mean real journeling; recording my thoughts and feelings throughout the day about what I'm eating and doing, my overall progress in fitness, etc. I've never been big on journaling before even just in a personal manner, but I'm looking to try and am just wondering if any of you have done something like this before and can share what it's done for you, what you liked or didn't like about it, and so on. What methods of journaling do you use? How often do you do it? Do you write as you think/feel something or wait until the end of the day to record everything at once? I'm really looking forward to seeing answers from you guys. Thanks for your insight!

Edited