Re: weekend plans and rest challenge!! Aced it.

I hear you Kelli and Daniel, and I accepted the challenge!

I did actually have to work until 1pm, but then I stopped and our (husband and I) first attempt at this paddling pool/floating/Coco loco/healthy (ish) snacks/relaxation day happened!!

We really wanted to try and recreate the amazingly tranquil feeling we had on our Mexico holiday last December, so we always said to ourselves that when the first hot day arrives in the UK we'd do this. I can say that we absolutely aced it. We also had a blow up double air bed (not pictured) to lounge on, as our sun loungers haven't come yet.

Last summer was spent, in it's entirety, recovering from major surgery. We had just moved into this house 6 weeks beforehand and that summer I didn't spend any time enjoying the garden at all. We had a crazy heatwave of a summer in the UK and I had no choice but to stay inside with fans on me and tubes hanging out of me. NOT THIS YEAR! I'm thankfully fully recovered.

I NEVER EVER thought I'd feel this comfortable in my own skin, or *seriously* this strong and fit (and LOVE working out) and not just be kidding myself with the odd bit of exercise. Fitness Blender is an incredible community, team and resource and I'll always be amazed that you guys manage to keep it all free - I happily purchase your programmes!!

In addition, this past year has made me super aware of when my body needs rest and when I'm just being lazy. It's an amazing thing to mentally understand your own body and also not feel guilty when taking a day off - my husband also helped me realise this over the years with work especially.

So, no workout for me today - but tomorrow I'll be attempting to do hiit with Kelli in my final few days of FB Sweat. Thank goodness tomorrow is less hot....

Happy Saturday fellow fitness blenders!!

😃🥰🤗👋