Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, June 28th

Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday (or Saturday) to you all!

Yay guys! We've finally made it to the weekend! Phew! About time, right? haha

How're you all doing today? Did you have a good week?

And do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

I plan on hanging out at home, getting stuff done, and hopefully doing a little bit of baking! (Not too much, caz it's supposed to be warm!)

Oh, and today's random pic: how bout this sunset? Kinda cool, no? I love the pinkish-orange wispy clouds--they're my favorite!

Ok, let's talk a bit about some workouts! Is it a workout day today for you, or a rest day?

Well I think I'll do a workout today! I'm not quite sure what I'll do just yet, but I have a feeling it'll be upper body strength training (depends on how my elbow feels later today).

And what about some good food goin on today? What's on the menu for today Blenders?

I'm thinkin another cool and easy supper tonight since it's so warm and humid! But we might be getting our new grill today (since we broke our last one, oops), so who knows! Maybe we'll grill something instead!

Alright guys, let's jump right in to today's Fitness Friday question!

Ok so something I've been noticing lately in the forums is a quiet a few people questioning things like motivation and consistency with workouts. They've been working out with FB for awhile, but suddenly they have no ambition to keep up with workouts--essentially, I believe, they hit a burnout point.

What I'm wondering is: how do you know you've hit a burnout point for yourself? How do you differentiate a true "burnout" from a simple case of the "I-don't-wanna's" motivation-wise?

I also think that 'burnout' is different from 'overtraining'. Because you can train properly without overdoing it, and still hit a burnout from exercising.

So, when you hit that point, how do you know? How do you treat it?

What makes it different from a bout of low motivation?

For me, burnout begins with completely dreading my workouts. They start feeling like a chore that takes up a chunk of day, and I begin to resent them. I also feel like my joints are stiffer, movement becomes more difficult, and I'm often crabbier with my mood overall. I know when I start to feel these things, I need to take a break and do something different. Whether it's a different form of physical activity--i.e. working outside, adventuring with the Furry Trainers, etc--or a complete break all together, I usually just need something different.

And to differentiate that burnout feeling from a simple low-motivation time? I'm not really sure how to describe it. But the "I-don't-wanna's" hit sometimes, and you really just can't find the gumption to workout. And it's ok to take time off, but other times you make yourself get up and get it done anyway. I guess the best way to figure out for me whether it's a burnout or a low-motivation thing is how I feel post-workout. Do I feel better/happier/less stressed after my workout complete? If yes, probably just a low motivation thing. If not, sounds like we're headed towards burnout.

Not exactly the best way to judge it, but that seems to kinda work for me.

So what about you Blenders? How do you handle a burnout? When do you know to take a break, or to push through? How does it feel for you? And what's the difference between a burnout and a loss of motivation for you specifically?

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you guys with this one, because this is something I struggle with personally. So any of your awesome advice is always welcome!

Alright guys, that's enough from me today!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Yay for it being Friday!!

Edited