J

Any advice for a gal sidelined by an injury?

Hey FB fam! I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone could provide advice and I have been feeling super pent up so it helps to get it off my chest. A little over 2 weeks ago, after my HIIT workout I must've over-stretched my hip flexor. I thought it was a random cramp, so I continued on with day 2 and 3 of FB Abs. I was on a roll! I had done a five day challenge, had started FB Abs again.. and then I wake up and realize it hurts to walk, go down stairs, etc. While the pain has eased up a bit than it was at first (it comes and goes as it pleases), I have a confirmed hip flexor strain and am on a forced 1 month (at the very least) hiatus. I'm super frustrated about this and have found that I'm not sure what my limits are to gentle stretching. I'm flexible so that clouds my perception of my abilities. I'm just not sure how to go about this. I want to get better but I feel lost and don't know quite how to. I also know that I should keep doing gentle stretching/movement to not decondition the muscle. I'm just feeling so stuck and dejected- like all my progress is going to become undone.

Any advice from those of you who have been sidelined by injury before?

Edited