Swam 1.3k and then met this fellow on the beach... yikes!

Today’s weather was amazing! So I spent a few hours in the Tropical Gardens clearing bucket load fulls and wheelbarrow loads full of leaves and other debris. Then my husband went home to make sandwiches and came back with: our lunch, some chairs and...our swim gear! So half an hour after lunch I went for another seaswim (I have that 3.2k seaswim coming up in September). The current was really quite strong, so it was heavy going one way. I expected it to be a lot easier going back, but somehow it wasn’t at all! Still I managed 1.37k, so I guess I shouldn’t be too disappointed with that. It was also without a wetsuit, but no idea how long it took me. Never looked at the clock.

When I came back to my starting point, I walked back again along the beach to see how far my husband had got. Then I “bumped” into this fellow.... this barrel jellyfish is the size of a pizza/binlid, has no tendrils so is really pretty harmless. It us just the idea.... he was there while I was swimming there!!!!🙈🙈🙈🙈

One of the rangers on Brownsea Island had one in a huge tank to show visitors during Ocean’s Week in early June. I touched it then. It is quite slimy on the top but also amazingly firm! I certainly wouldn’t want to bump into one while swimming....but there are quite a few around! 😱

Photo top left: my “friend Barry”, top right: the distance I swam, bottom pic: the view of the promenade from the sea.

#lovewhereilive

#enikwoonhier