Belly Fat Advice from my 91-year old Grandmother

"Now Lynna, you and I are built the same way. We're short and stocky, with a lot of shoulder and chest. I used to have the same problem as you with finding tops that fit. Once I got my arms in, I couldn't lift them up. I would think how does anyone fit into these clothes? Now I've shrunk enough that isn't a problem anymore. I still can't raise my arm, but now that's because my shoulder doesn't work.

Now, we both have this little inner tube of fat around our bellies. Everyone needs a little fat, and that just happens to be where ours goes. Your mother didn't have the same body type as us - she was tall and thin. But we're not and that's just the way it works sometimes.

I don't have a very strong core anymore, but I've had this THING my whole life. Even when I was 16 years old and weighed 115 pounds, I had this THING around my middle. And I was very active! We lived on a farm and I rode my bike to school and went swimming in the summer. Of course that was during the Depression and the War and we didn't have any money, and there was never any junk food around our house. A lot of that stuff hadn't been invented yet anyway. People were starving. We were very lucky to have that farm, because it meant we always had something to eat. But I still had this THING wrapped around me! It never went away.

And it's not going to go away for you either. So buy a bigger size and don't worry about it, because otherwise you're just going to waste a lot of time and you have better things to do than that.

Well Lynna, my doctor says all the damage is done before 70, and there's ice cream in the freezer. So I'm going to go have some of that now. Good talking with you!"

Edited