Push-up - Bane of My Fitness Life

Doing the Bodyweight programmes made me more aware of some physical fitness shortcomings I have. Everybody can name at least one particular exercise that’s maddeningly challenging, annoying or simply impossible to do. Doing push-ups, as the title of my post suggests, is the bane of my life. Well, one of them at least.

I’ve been exercising with FB for years now and I remember thinking at the beginning that one day I’d be able to do quite a few full push-ups, if not effortlessly, at least impressively enough without feeling and looking like someone simultaneously having a stroke and a heart attack.

I would either need bigger breasts or significantly shorter arms to be able to lower myself to the ground and then lift myself up again. I can do a number of push-up if I put my knees down, or some half-hearted almost full push-ups but never the real thing.

So if being able to do full push-ups is the pinnacle of upper body strength, I failed miserably. Does anyone have the same or a similar problem? And more importantly, did anyone having the same problem manage to overcome the difficulties? Any ‘pushup-phobes’ who went on to become push-up champions?