B

How do you deal with getting sidetracked by family members and friends?

Hi everyone! I have a really big problem with getting sidetracked from a healthy way of living by my environment.

I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced these issues a few times in their journey, so I hope you can advice me in this :).

I live with my family, we share the same food at home. None of them monitore their eating. We do buy much healthy food like vegetables and so on but we also have sweets and processed food because my family keeps buying it.

It's the same everytime. I start out motivated and ready to eat healthy, no sugar ect. but I do eventually stray from my path because everyone else eats a cake, a fancy dinner and just more "normal" food which is not really healthy. If the people closest to you have a totally different lifestyle than you want to have it is hard not to adapt back into the group. It happens more often than not. I get invited to eating out with family regularly. They basically plan me in before asking me so I'm usually in a tight position.

And with exercising it is also not easy. I have always been the thinnest person in my family, though not so thin anymore, and my family members were always a little bit overweight. So when they see me working out I get comments like: "Why are doing this? You don't need to lose anything at all. You're already so thin." Im not saying they mean it with malicious intent but something like this does bother me. They can't really acceptthat I would want to change my body because they are happy with theirs.

Bottom line is, I am kind of stuck in a bubble. With a toxic environment and I have been to weak willed to get out of it by myself.

I am the kind of person who likes it comfy and I lack discipline. So I get along better with sticking to my goals if I trick and force myself to do things instead of relying on willpower alone. I dont blame my family for my failure. It's just a bad constellation. I have to keep living in this household for a little longer and I dont have any friends who are into fitness right now to get more positive reinforcement.

Are you in a similar situation and how do you deal with it?

Have great day!