C
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

More strength or cardio/HIIT?

Hi everyone!

I've been working out with FB for about a year now having done multiple programs, challenges, and individual workouts in between. I do well getting 5 workouts per week, sometimes that 6th day stretch. Life happens and I have been good about not letting it get me down.

My issue is, although I'm getting stronger and my endurance is improving ever so slightly, I'm still squishy. I don't know what my next move should be to help tighten/tone more. My past several programs have been FB30, Mass, Abs, and now Flex with my own lower body/abs/cardio in the off days. I love strength training and despise cardio/HIIT because it's sooo hard for me. My husband says I have to increase my cardio to get where I want to be, yet I know I've seen people saying strength training could too. I've been working hard to eat better. I know it could be better yet, but it's come a loooong way.

So what do I do? I feel like I'm pleased with my progress until I look in the mirror and feel like I've gotten no where in the past year. Am I not pushing myself hard enough? I certainly feel like I am during the workout, but maybe I'm just kidding myself?

Sorry guys. I'm hitting a rut. I know I'll plow through, but it'd be super nice to know I'm at least heading the right way. Thank you for reading....