Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Eating Intuitively...

As with Kelli and Daniel, #chefinthemaking and I are “mostly” plant-based, whole-food eaters nowadays. We certainly haven’t always eaten like this, but as we started to eat less meat and more fresh fruits, vegetables, and grains, our palates simply changed (and surprisingly quickly, I might add).

However, even with our “evolving” palates, we’ve really taken Kelli and Daniel’s focus on “eating intuitively” to heart…where basically nothing is off limits. What we do focus on, however, is making sure that everything we eat - down to individual ingredients - is as high quality and as close to a “whole food” as possible.

It’s not always easy. It’s not always cheap. And it is certainly much more time-consuming (even for the super talented #chefinthemaking…ahem).

At the end of the day, however, (for us) it just makes sense to eat what we feel like eating…but made as healthily as possible.

Case in point, and the real reason for the post, last night (for the first time in a couple of months), we felt like steak, so #chefinthemaking grilled up a nice NY Strip Steak, and surrounded it with potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, shishito peppers, zucchini, broccoli, snap peas, tomatoes, sweet bulb onions, and kale (all grilled).

How many other “intuitive” eaters do we have out there in the #FBFamily? Are you able to keep cravings at bay, even though you may “intuitively” want certain things? Ha!

P.S. And, yes, in our family, “the man” (me) is not allowed near the grill…well, except to run things back and forth to the kitchen for #chefinthemaking. And he is totally fine with that.